Sydney Boys High has a proud tradition of community involvement and parent volunteering to assist the fundraising, organisation and running of the many Co-curricular activities available to High boys. The majority of community involvement and parent participation is organised through Sydney Boys High P & C and its Sub-Committees.
The Parents and Citizens Association (P & C) of Sydney Boys High School
is a voluntary organisation that has been working continuously since 1925,
to advance the best interests of the School by bringing parents, citizens and
teaching staff into close co-operation. Membership is open to all parents of boys attending Sydney Boys High School.
The P & C meets once a month during school terms, usually the second Monday of each month. Dates and times are advised in
High Notes and on the P & C website.
The P & C executive comprises President, two Vice-Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary and also meets once a month, prior to the general meeting. Parent representatives from each of Years 7 to 12 also attend P & C executive meetings and then circulate information to their Year group parents via email. The Year group representatives are often useful first points of contact for parents.
Year group representatives and P & C executive contact details are available on the contacts list page.
By becoming part of the P & C, parents can:
- Maximise opportunities to be involved in their son’s education through participation in High's sporting and cultural activities.
- Keep informed about activities within the School and its various interest groups.
- Assist in fundraising to provide facilities and equipment for the School and its students.
- Take an active interest in the general welfare of the boys and the advancement of Sydney Boys High School.
- Have the opportunity to get together socially with other parents, staff and community of Sydney Boys High School and help further enrich the High community.
The P & C plays a valuable and vital role in supporting School Co-curricular activities and special events. Sporting, Music, Debating, Chess and Canteen Sub-committees of the P & C assist in:
- organising and fundraising for sports and cultural activities
- operating the School Canteen
- maintaining the School environment
Any parent can volunteer to become a member of a Co-curricular Sub-committee. Contact details for all Co-curricular Sub-committees are available on the contacts list page. Please make contact to find out more information or indeed volunteer to assist in whatever way you can.
The P & C has representatives on the School Council and has members on the board of Sydney Boys High Foundation Inc. The P & C is also represented on the School’s Development Committee and the Building Fund Advisory Group.
The P & C encourages parents to become part of the school community through participation in the mentoring program for new families, parent Year groups, volunteering for sporting and cultural Sub-committees and joining in social events for parents and the High community.
P & C funds are raised primarily through parent contributions, profits from the School Canteen, High community events and by providing special event parking within the school grounds for the SCG, SFS and Horden Pavillion.
The P & C warmly invites all parents to join and participate in their sons’ education and personal development.
The objectives of the P & C are:
- Keep parents informed about activities within the School and within each Co-Curricular activity.
- Assist in fundraising to provide facilities and equipment for the School and each Co-Curricular activity.
- Assist in the organization of the School’s sporting and cultural activities.
- Take an active interest in the general welfare of the boys and the advancement of the School and its membership of the Athletics Association of Greater Public Schools (GPS).
- Bring the parents and community of Sydney Boys High School together socially, to help further enrich the High community.
- Act informally as a forum through which parents’ views can be presented and passed on to the School administration.
Parents can find out more the P & C, its executive and meetings of its minutes by logging in to the Parents Intranet Portal.