Welcome to the homepage of the P & C Association
The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) of Sydney Boys High School brings parents, staff and other members of the High community together, to advance the best interests of the School and its students. The P&C plays an important role in supporting the School’s membership of the Athletics Association of Greater Public Schools (GPS) through parent volunteer Co-Curricular Sub-Committees. All High parents are invited to participate in the activities of the P&C.
The P&C holds a monthly meeting on the second Monday evening of every month except during school holidays. Meeting dates are advised through High Notes and on this website. The meeting is usually held from 7:30pm in the Staff Common Room on the left of the main entrance foyer.
News and Projects
The P & C Blog and discussion forum is here.
- Fundraising for new Multi-Purpose Centre
- Fundraising for new School Bus
Recent P&C Fundraising Contributions:
- $15,000 towards data projectors and sound systems for up to 16 classrooms.
- $10,000 to top up the government grant for solar panels & electrical infrastructure
- $10,000 towards replacement of Social Sciences textbooks due to syllabus changes
- $10,000 repayment contribution for original expenditure on new tennis courts
- $8,000 towards replacement of Year 8 & 10 Science textbooks
- $7,000 to replace data logging equipment for senior Science classes
- $8,000 to help purchase a photocopier for English teaching
- $17,000 towards purchase of new sporting equipment
- $25,000 towards the cost of replacing the School bus in 2010
- $20,000 to the SBHS Building Fund for the New Library & Multi-Purpose Centre
How you can help your boys maximise their experience at High
The depth and breadth of Co-Curricular activities offered at Sydney Boys High School could not happen without the substantial contribution of parent volunteers. Parent involvement is the backbone in assisting the organization and fundraising for the many Co-Curricular activities available to High students. Visting the Volunteering section for more information.