Page 1 of 4
The Sydney High English faculty is a large, dynamic department committed to a teaching
and learning program in Years 7-12 which is responsive to the needs of boys in a selective environment. We are passionate about the empowering potential of literature, both past and contemporary. Through effective organisation, clear communication and quality teaching the English Faculty is intent on:
- maximising student outcomes in the Senior school
- raising student expectations
- fostering more opportunities for students to demonstrate excellence and
- providing greater recognition of student achievement in English
English Department aims
- Improved performance in the senior school.
- A teaching / learning program in Years 7-10 which is responsive to the needs of boys at SBHS and which also meets the requirements of the new 7-10 syllabus.
- Raising student expectations.
- Fostering more opportunities for students to demonstrate excellence.
- Greater recognition of student achievement in English.
- Raising the profile of English within the school community.
How do we succeed?
- Effective organisation
- Clear communication
- Quality teaching
How can parents help?
- Regard yourselves as forming a vital partnership with us in striving for excellent English outcomes for your sons.
- When you perceive a problem or want more information about your sons progress please talk to us.